Sunday, October 19, 2008

Class Color Day at CCHS


This past week was our school's spirit week leading up to the homecoming game last night. I know how hard our SGO sponsor, a 2nd year teacher, and the SGO student reps worked in overseeing this week's activities, so big props to them. Friday was class color day with each grade wearing the designated color. Class color day has disconcerted faculty the last few years with some of the issues generated such as face painting, tagging, dress code violations and messes in the bathroom with the paint. I'm not sure what the answer is. I wonder what other schools do and if there is a solution that would satisfy the concerns and permit students the enjoyment they take in celebrating their class color? I look at the faces in this photograph and I see school pride, hope for the future and zest for life. I taught many of these folks as freshmen and some of them as sophomores. Their precious faces have frequented my classroom the past four years, and I know I'll miss seeing those faces when they graduate in June. I'm glad I was able to capture this rite of passage on film.

No comments: