Saturday, November 29, 2008

Style Happens

I've never been particularly interested in pursuing the sweetest deals at 4:00 am on Black Friday, but yesterday, my sister Tiffany and I ventured out in the afternoon to see about finding me a pair of jeans. We wandered into Lane Bryant, but I was ready to leave in a few minutes. Seems they have completely revamped their traditional sizing. All pants now come in sizes 1 to 9 and in blue line, red line or yellow line. Too much for my head. I just knew I wanted a simple pair of jeans with straight legs. I've never been a fan of flaired or boot legs, but my sister insisted it was time for me to move my style into the 21st century. After the sales lady measured me, she insisted I try on a size 5 in the blue line. I was very conscious about the fit, but my sister and the saleslady didn't feel it fit tight enough, insisting I go to a size 4. "You want jeans to fit you tight and show off your booty," the sales lady kept insisting to which I replied, "Mam, if you haven't noticed, I don't have a 'booty' on my behind; mine is in front if you haven't noticed my belly." I was rather concerned that the jeans might be vulgar looking. Then, we shifted to another color. Another sales lady insisted I was not blue line at all but rather red line. So, somehow I ended up in a size 6 red line pair that were tighter than the blue line size 5. Go figure. And no, they are not straight line jeans. They are boot cut. Seems the good old straight line has gone out of style and is not available. Not that I care about this, but although I may come kicking and screaming, I am now a little more stylish in my red line jeans. Seems like there are a lot of shifts happening these days whether it's technology or style. I'm just trying to keep up, booty and all.

2 comments:

FFES PLC said...

Hi! Stuart shared your e-mail. Miss you terribly but will regularly follow your blog. All the best, Mary Jo

Linny K said...

I am just now getting to read your posting of the 29th! Love it! Yeah, what's up with all the change in "style"??? I too adore straight line jeans!!