Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Conceiving the Possibilities in Language

I guess it goes with the territory of being an English teacher, but I love words and all the vivacious possibilities of creating meaning with language. Lefanim is a Hebrew word with two opposite but paradoxical meanings: "Once upon a time," and "To look to the future." As a teacher with nearly 15 years of teaching experience, my goal is to couple the lessons I've learned with the exciting and cutting-edge ideas of new educator Amanda Spence. The lesson of Lefanim is that we must know and honor our past, our roots, if we are to survive and embrace the changes the future brings in education. Together, Amanda and I will reflect and record our thoughts on all the "stuff" that goes into teaching English language arts.

No comments: