Friday, September 5, 2008

Graduation Project Conversation Continued

Today I was able to set up about ten of our advisees' accounts for delicious and gmail. The entire process took about 45 minutes. I think that it will be well worth the effort. While I was setting everything up, I had a few thoughts about more possibilities:

  1. On the students delicious accounts, we could have them place tags for research resources that we have used in the past and we know are credible (e.g. Purdue University's Online Writing Lab).
  2. We can have students set up a "?" tag for sources that they are unsure about the credibility of the information.
  3. They can look at each others "?" tags and help one another determine source reliability.

One random comment in response to Valerie's post earlier. I think that the pledge wall needs to be tactile. For some reason, I think that it would really help build and maintain a positive spirit around the graduation project experience. There is something powerful about setting a tangible goal that you can see on a daily basis.

Here is another random thought. At the school I was at last year, Northeastern High, the graduation project class is called the "Graduation Project Experience." I always loved that title and think that I am going to adopt it here at Currituck. I love how it emphasizes that this project is not another thing to check off your list before graduation; it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow and learn through hands on study.

No comments: